Pagina's

vrijdag 16 november 2012

Paint your dreams (+video!)

Last week I was completely inspired by Julie Balzer's blogpost for Art Journal Every Day. She wrote about cutting your own stencils. Not that I hadn't heard about this before, the idea wasn't new to me, but her blogpost just came at the right moment. I was a bit bored by the stencils I had and there was simply no budget to buy some new ones. So I started googling for some nice patterns. I made two stencils, one with several paintsplashes and one with a spiderweb. I simply printed the images on some printerpaper, traced these on a plastic sheet and cut the images. (Ok, the cutting needed a lot of patience...)

I made a video in which you see me creating this background with my new paintsplash stencil and some Dylusions sprayinks:


Of course, I added a collage to my background!
This is the final page:

And here is the video:

In case you are wondering, after seeing the video, how the different stages look (I mean the steps after collage, after the black marker, the white marker and the journaling.) I will show the the pictures here too:
The collage glued on the background:


The page after doodling with only a black marker (Faber Castell Pitt Pen small point):

The page after using a white opaque marker:

And again, the finished page with the journaling and some checkerboard squares added:

Of course, there are so many possibilities with my paintsplash stencil. I'm sure you will be seeing more of it in the near future!

TFL!
Sandra

2 opmerkingen:

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) zei

Cool! Ontzettend leuk gedaan zo met je eigen stencils. Gaaf filmpje ook! XOXO

Pieterfranciscus zei

mooi gedaan, ik kijk ook vaak naar stencils uit, maar vind het ze moeilijk deze vinden