Pagina's

donderdag 26 juli 2012

New artwork...

As I told you in my previous blogpost I did 'some artjournaling' during my holiday in Sweden.
I have found some time to show you, now I took a day off from redecorating my living room. (lol)
Every day I tried to make a simple collaged page in a small journal, dedicated to my holiday. I collaged tickets, brochures, found objects, pieces of packaging, etc. On the back of the page I did some journaling about that specific day. No difficult techniques, nothing special, just something to remember my holiday.
Here are a few pages:
For my Dutch readers: yes, indeed, you will find lots of pieces of the latest issue of Flow!
I also used Swedish words, found 'everywhere':


Pieces of the packaging from some of our favorite Swedish food...:

I used a piece of the brochure from the moose-park we visited as a background and glued the ticket on top.
The blue and white striped piece on the bottom of the page is from a typical Swedish ribbon. These ribbons are tied in the trees to mark the territory of the moose hunters. I took off a small piece...


Before I went to Sweden I planned to make more pages with my alter ego 'Ikke'...I only did one....:
Somehow my inspiration for her was gone....

But I did make some other pages. I didn't bring my A4-journal with me, so I used a tourist brochure, made of heavy paper. I collaged pieces of the Dutch magazine Flow, pieces from Swedish magazines and some tape to cover the pictures and some text in the brochure. I didn't bring my gesso so I used a thin layer of white acrylic paint on top. I colored the next layer with the few Neocolors II I had with me. A layer of stamps, a collaged image and more black and white paint on top.


The text comes from the Dutch magazine too.
Another one, with a cute Dutch poem I loved. I stamped the text with tiny alfabet stamps:

This one is a bit out of my comfort zone. I cut out the image, which was a black and white sketch and colored it with acrylic paint. This time, I wrote down some personal thoughts...Yes, real art journaling! (Instead of quotes, poems or songlyrics, which I use most of the times.)

This page inspired me to use more personal thoughts in my art journaling. I always thought that I wasn't able to write something but when I started writing the words came very easily. I have never been a writer. Most of the time my thoughts are hidden in the quotes I use. Time to change that!

I promised you to show you the old books I bought in Sweden. Because this has become a blogpost with a lot of pictures, I'll show my treasures later! I hope you don't mind...

TFL!
Sandra

3 opmerkingen:

Melanie zei

Ziet er allemaal leuk uit.
Liefs, Melanie

Marijke zei

hier word ik helemaal vrolijk van, wat een gezellige en mooie pages, echt super

Ilse hobbelen zei

wat goed dat je toch wat gedaan hebt, ik kreeg niks uit mijn vingers......dus echt vakantie haha. super leuk gedaan en weer heel wat anders.